Chicken in Cajun Spice
Your rescue is Chicken in Cajun Spice. A few spices and dried herbs create the cajun spice blend. This spice blend is our favorite seasoning for chicken since it gives the meat a sour and earthy flavor.
Not only is Cajun Spiced Chicken a simple recipe to make, but it also has a flavor that you won’t want to forget.
You only need to remember to generously season the chicken and allow it to cook equally on all sides. Additionally, it’s crucial to pound the chicken breasts harder since the flavors cannot penetrate completely.
This dish is made healthier by the sauce created to go with it and provides additional great ingredients. So let’s start cooking.
What is Cajun Cuisine?
The Cajun-Acadians, exiled from Acadia to Louisiana in the 18th century, established the cooking style known as Cajun cuisine by fusing their native food with French, Spanish, and West African cooking methods.
- The term “rustic cuisine” is occasionally used to describe Cajun food, which refers to the use of readily accessible ingredients and ease of preparation.
- A typical Cajun lunch is a three-pot affair, with one pot reserved for the main course, one for the steamed rice, specialty sausages, or seafood dish, and the third for whatever vegetables are in season or readily accessible.
- Shrimp, andouille sausage, and crawfish are common meats in many different recipes.
Benefits of Chicken
Chicken Containing Mood-Related Nutrients
- Tryptophan, an amino acid in chicken, aids your brain produce more serotonin. The “feel-good” neurochemical related with mood is serotonin.
Vitamins and minerals included in the chicken are essential for brain health.
- White and dark meat Choline and vitamin B12 are both found in chicken, and their combined effects may help older people perform better cognitively and support healthy nervous system function. 2,3
Eating chicken is simple.
- Chicken is a flexible basis of high-quality protein for people who have trouble chewing, swallowing, or adjusting to changes in taste.
Poultry Increases Muscle
- A good source of dietary protein is chicken. A breakfast that contains 30 grams of protein may promote muscular building. 5
Chicken fortifies bones.
- A food source of protein is chicken. Bone health can benefit from protein. 5,6
The Chicken promotes Heart Health
- A heart-healthy, low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, such as the DASH diet, can feature chicken as the star of the plate since it delivers underutilized vitamins and minerals.
Chicken Helps You Lose Weight
- A countless source of easily assimilated protein is lean chicken flesh. The Protein-rich foods may help you maintain a healthy weight and blood sugar levels. 10,11
Ingredients of Cajun Spiced Chicken
- 500 grams of chicken breast
- 1/2 a cup of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter and 3 teaspoons cajun pepper
- 2 teaspoons of rapeseed or canola oil
Clean and season the chicken.
- Wash and rinse the chicken breast before beginning to create this recipe. After pounding them, liberally sprinkle them with Cajun seasoning.
- Here you can also add some lemon juice at this time. Give this a 10-minute rest.
Prepare and serve
- The chicken breasts should be added to the pan with an equal amount of butter and oil.
- Serve them after cooking them for 4-5 minutes on each side or until they change color! On the side, you may include some vegetables.
Also Read: Chicken Hawaiian Salad