Kullu trout is a traditional Pahari dish from the hilly state of Himachal Pradesh. It is a simple fish recipe. Fried fish prepared with minimal spices to preserve the natural flavor of the fish, this dish will leave you deficient more and more with each bite.
It will allow you to enjoy flavors straight from the mountains. If you enjoy seafood and are always looking for new recipes, you will not want to miss out on this one.
Prepare this enticing dish to add variety to your meals and earn praise from your family members. Serve this delicious fish at your next kitty party, potluck, or another event to impress your guests with your culinary skills.
This flavorful dish will undoubtedly help you develop the star of any event and a famous chef in the eyes of your precious ones. Your kids will enjoy the mild spicy flavors of this dish and will request that it be made regularly.
Follow this step-by-step recipe to make this dish, and make room on your list of favorite foods because this dish will undoubtedly find a place there. It is best served with a bed of steaming white rice and, of course, the company of your loved ones.
What exactly is Kullu fish?
The Kullu trout is a traditional Pahari dish from the hilly state of Himachal Pradesh.
It is a straightforward fish recipe. Fried fish prepared with minimal spices to preserve the natural flavor of the fish, this dish will leave you deficient more and more with each bite.
Ingredients of Kullu Trout
- 2 trout
- 2 teaspoon coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp-3+3 lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon dill leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon rinds
- 1/2 cup mustard oil, salt to taste
How to Cook Kullu Trout?
Marinade the fish
- First, wash and clean the trout fish before preparing this delectable recipe. Place the fish in a bowl and season with crushed coriander seeds, dill leaves, salt, chili flakes, lemon juice, lemon rind, and mustard oil.
- Combine these ingredients and rub them on the fish. Set aside the marinated fish for 10 minutes.
Fry the marinated fish.
- Once the fish has been marinated, heat the oil in a pan. Add the marinated fish to the hot oil and cook on both sides for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess oil and set the fish aside until later use.
Make the sauce spread
- In a pan, heat the oil once more. When the oil is hot enough, add the onions and mustard seeds and cook until the onions change color. Turn off the warmth and stir in the lemon juice, salt, and coriander leaves. Stir the ingredients together thoroughly.
Drizzle sauce over the fish and serve.
- Finally, drizzle the prepared sauce over the fried fish. Serve hot with rice.
Also Read: Double Chocolate Croissant