Pesto Parmesan Chips
Pesto Parmesan Chips: It is a simple and tasty recipe if you’re looking for some tasty snacks. These chips are the ideal snack for satisfying cravings. If you’re tired of eating regular chips, you should make these.
Pesto is an excellent condiment for various dishes, including pasta, salads, and snack bowls.
The basil in the pesto imparts a new and refreshing flavor. We made the pesto sauce from scratch, but you can also use the already-prepared pesto sauce to make these chips.
What is Pesto?
- Pesto, or Pesto Alla Genovese, is a sauce that originated in Genoa, the capital of Liguria, Italy.
- It is traditionally composed of crushed garlic, European pine nuts, coarse salt, basil leaves, and hard cheeses such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Sardo, blended with olive oil.
History of Pesto
Trenette topped with pesto
Pesto is believed to have two ancient predecessors, dating back to the Roman era. The ancient Romans consumed a similar paste known as momentum, which was made by combining garlic, salt, cheese, herbs, olive oil, vinegar, and (occasionally) pine nuts.
The Appendix Vergiliana, a collection of ancient poems in which the author describes the preparation of momentum, mentions the use of this paste in Roman cuisine.
During the Middle Ages, a famous sauce in the cuisine of Genoa was Cagliari, which consisted primarily of garlic and walnuts, as garlic was a staple in the diet of the Ligurians, particularly the seafarers.
Basil, the primary ingredient of modern pesto, was not introduced until the mid-19th century when gastronomist Giovanni Battista Ratto published his cookbook La Cucina Genovese in 1863.
Ingredients of Pesto Parmesan Chips
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 cups basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil pepper to taste
- 1 ounce of walnuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 2 fragments of chopped garlic salt as needed
How to make Pesto Parmesan Chips?
Cook the pesto sauce:
- Toast the nuts over a medium flame in a pan and set aside. After the nuts have cooled, combine basil, nuts, 1/2 cup Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a blender. While blending, gradually add olive oil to create a thick sauce.
Combine the ingredients for the potato chips:
- Set the oven temperature to 180 degrees Celsius. Combine two cups of Parmesan cheese, pesto sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Place the mixture in a greased muffin tin using a spoon.
Bake and serve:
- Bake the mixture for eight minutes until the cheese does not melt, and the edges become crisp. Eliminate them from the oven, set them aside to cool, and they are ready to eat.
Also Read: Ragu Tagliatelle