Rohu Fish Curry
If you enjoy fish-based foods, this recipe can satisfy your cravings in a spicy manner. This dish for flavorful Rohu Fish Curry hails from the state of Bihar.
This curry recipe can serve with rice and chapati for lunch or brunch. Rohu Fish is the primary ingredient in this cuisine, which is also seasoned with various spices.
This recipe uses a very specific masala known as Panch Phoran. If you haven’t prepared Panch Phoran masala, you can create it yourself.
Combine 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of mustard seed, 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds, 12 teaspoons of onion seeds, and a third of a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
Use 1 teaspoon of this coarsely ground spice blend in the recipe. This delicious fish curry recipe may be served at buffets and family meals, and we guarantee that your guests will adore it.
Ingredients of Rohu Fish Curry
- 500-gram rohu fish
- 1 millilitre of panch phoron
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro leaves
- 1/4 milligram of ground black pepper
- 1/2 inch ginger
- As needed, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric salt and 1/4 cup mustard oil
- 2 tomato
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 grams of garlic paste
How to make Rohu Fish Curry?
First, marinate the fish.
- Marinate the fish in 12 teaspoons turmeric, 2 teaspoons garlic paste, and salt to taste—place in an excellent location for half an hour.
Prepare a spice mixture
- Blend 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds, a half-inch piece of ginger, and 1 teaspoon of garlic paste to produce the masala.
- To grind into a spiced masala. You can likewise use a mortar and pestle to ground the spices. Add red chili
- powder and panch phoran to the mixture.
Pan-fry the fish.
- In a saucepan, warm mustard oil. Place the marinated fish gently into the pan and cook it on both sides. Once the fish has been fried, could you remove them and place them on a platter?
Sauté the spice mixture and tomatoes
- Add the spice combination to the same oil and cook it for two minutes. Now, stir in tomato paste formed from two tomatoes. Let the tomato masala simmer till it releases oil. It will take eight to ten minutes.
Add water to make a sauce
- Now, pour two cups of water into the pan and boil. Cook the gravy for four to five minutes.
- Add the fish. Now, add the fried fish along with the chopped coriander leaves to the thin sauce. Adjust the salt to taste and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Prepared for service
- Lip-smacking Curry with Rohu Fish is now ready for service. Serve the dish with Rice or Chapati.
- Optionally, you can add chopped onions to the masala and tomatoes while being cooked.
- Keeping fish curries on the watery side is always preferable, as this brings out the flavors most effectively.
Also Read: Recipe for Crispy Chicken Thighs