Grilled Chicken Tacos
Grilled chicken tacos are easy and delicious to make. This recipe only relies on a simple marinade that works its magic while we prepare the other components. It requires less planning. All you have to do is leave the chicken to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, cumin, and chili powder.
Slice the chicken into little bits and combine it with finely chopped cilantro and white onion to give it a street taco flavor. You can also pair the dish with avocado salsa verde, thin slices of radishes, and sour cream.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE GRILLED CHICKEN TACOS
3 1/2 to four medium limes
Garlic cloves, two
divided into 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
kosher salt, two tablespoons
2 teaspoons of chili powder and 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
chicken thighs, skinless and weighing two pounds
1/2 of a tiny red or white onion
1/2 amount of fresh cilantro bunch
5 to 6 small radishes
1 small avocado
10 to 12 corn or wheat tortillas
1/2 cup crema or sour cream
handmade or store-bought salsa verde
1. To make 1/4 cup, squeeze the juice from 3 to 3 1/2 medium limes into a big basin. For serving, cut one medium lime into wedges. Into the bowl.
2. Stir in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin and chili powder. Turn the mixture to coat the 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Let sit for 15 minutes but no less than 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, if using an outside grill, preheat to medium-high direct heat, about 400ºF.
4. Make 1/2 cup finely chopped small red or white onion. Also, make 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems. Both should be combined after being added to a small bowl.
Grilling chicken and Assembling
5. If using a stovetop, preheat a grill pan for about 5 minutes at medium-high heat. On the pan, pour the final 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the chicken thighs and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown and burnt on the bottom. Turn over and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the second side is browned and the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
6. Remove the chicken from the marinade using an outside grill and brush with the final 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. If necessary, scrape the grill grates clean. Place the chicken on the grill, close the lid, and cook for about 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked in most places.
7. After moving the chicken to a new cutting board, give it five to ten minutes to rest. Prepare the toppings in the meantime.
8. Slice 1 bunch of radishes thinly. You can use a mandolin as well as a knife. Also, peel and cut in half 1 medium avocado.
9. Hold 10 to 12 flour or corn tortillas over a medium flame on a gas stove. You can also use an outdoor grill or a pan. Over medium heat on an electric stove, turning them occasionally until they are charred in areas and malleable. To keep warm, you can not only stack them but also wrap them with a fresh kitchen towel. You can also use aluminum foil.
10.Cut the chicken into pieces that are 1/2 to 1/4 inch in size. Transfer to a bowl and combine with half of the onion and cilantro combination.
11. Tacos should be assembled one at a time: Add 1 tortilla, 1 thin tablespoon of sour cream, and 1 slice of avocado on top. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro and onion combination after adding 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture. Add some radish slices on top and drizzle with salsa verde. With the lime wedges, serve.