Pepper and Black Bean Jack Quesadillas
Pepper and Black Bean Jack Quesadillas: Quesadillas are a popular Mexican dish that can also be found in Indian restaurants. Here is a recipe for making authentic quesadillas for your loved ones at home. This simple recipe features authentic Mexican flavors.
What are Quesadillas?
- A quesadilla, the diminutive form of Quesada, is a Mexican dish consisting of a tortilla filled with cheese, meat, spices, and other fillings, then cooked on a grill or stove. Traditionally, a corn tortilla is used, but a flour tortilla can also be used.
- A complete quesadilla consists of two tortillas sandwiching a layer of cheese. A sole tortilla filled with cheese and folded into a half-moon shape constitutes a half.
Original Mexican quesadilla
In Mexico’s central and southern regions, a quesadilla consists of a tortilla, a flat circle of corn masa that has been cooked and pliable enough to be folded in half and then filled.
Typically, they have stuffed with queso Oaxaca. A stringy Mexican cheese made using the pasta filata (stretched-curd) technique.
On a comal, the quesadilla is cooked until the cheese has completely melted. Typically, it is prepared without the addition of oil. Quesadillas are frequently served with green or red salsa and guacamole.
While Oaxaca cheese (or string cheese) is the most common filling, other ingredients are sometimes used in totaling to or in place of the cheese.
These can include cooked vegetables, such as potatoes with chorizo, squash blossoms, and huitlacoche, as well as cooked meats, such as chicharron, chicken- or beef-based tinga, and cooked pork.
In some locations, quesadillas are topped with additional ingredients in addition to their fillings. Standard toppings include avocado or guacamole, chopped onion, tomato, serrano chiles, and cilantro. Additionally, salsas may be added as a topping.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Pepper Jack Quesadillas
- 6 tortillas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of diced onion and 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn kernels
- Four minced garlic cloves
- 350 gm black beans
- 2 tablespoon cumin salt as required
- 2 teaspoons canola oil/ rapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 peppers red
- 1 1/2 diced jalapeno
- 150 grams of cheese-pepper jack shreds
- 4 tablespoon Piri Piri seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red pepper powder
How to make Quesadillas with Black Beans and Pepper Jack?
- To prepare these delicious quesadillas, heat a large pan and add oil. Once the oil is suitably hot, add the onions, bell pepper, poblano pepper, corn, jalapeno, garlic, and sauté for approximately five minutes.
- Heat the black beans (if available, re-fried black beans) in a separate pan and season them with Piri.
- After all the vegetables are cooked, add cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste.
- The next step is to assemble and prepare the quesadilla for cooking!
Also Read: Mexican Rice